Friday Fictioneers is a group or arrangement that works as follows: Every week you get a picture. Prompted by that picture, you write a piece of fiction that is 100 words long (or as close as you can get). You add a link to your story on the Fictioneers page, and read the (awesome) stories by the other Friday Fictioneers.
Feel free to join us! Everyone is welcome.
Copyright: Rich Voza
Titled: I Prayed, He Answered !
I had tossed, and turned the whole night. There was friction in the air. We argued about, his trip to a third world country. I prayed, and asked God for a sign. Jerry, never listened to me, or God for that matter.
My husband, could only see the dollar signs! He proclaimed, “this trip is a blessing!” He boarded the airplane. It was ready for take off. Lord, I need a sign. The sky lit up behind the plane. The plane was going the wrong direction, from the light of God.
I immediately fainted! I awoke in my husband arms.
Conclusion (continuance after 100 words)
The following morning we awoke, to CNN. We watched the replay repeatedly , as the plane entered the third world country it was blown up by foreigners. There were no survivors! It made headline news!
It is critical to follow God’s direction, as well as seek His direction for us.
My husband, and I just embraced each other in silence, and tears. I’m sure he had images of those who boarded the plane with him. He was let off not because I fainted, but because I prayed, and God answered.
*Note: This was just me being creative, and sharing my own ending. It did not happen in reality, at least not to us. Perhaps someone has experienced this in some way.
- Friday Fictioneers: Deception By Distraction (ubebetternotbitter.wordpress.com)
- Friday Fictioneers: Deception By Distraction (highlyfavored74.wordpress.com)
- Friday Fictioneers: Eternal Light (ubebetternotbitter.wordpress.com)
- Friday Fictioneers: Idolatry (ubebetternotbitter.wordpress.com)
- Friday Fictioneers: BIG DAY (tedstrutz.com)
- Friday Fictioneers – Two Years Later (anneorchardwriter.wordpress.com)